Global Read Aloud

14th goldfishThis year my class participated in the Global Read Aloud.  This is where we read the same book as other students in different schools around the world.  We chose to read The Fourteenth Goldfish by Jennifer Holm.  We really enjoyed the book and making connections with other students who have also read this amazing book.  If you like science, you’ll love this book!

Here are some activities that we did during the GRA:

Have you ever been involved in a global project like the Global Read Aloud?  If so, please let us know.  We’d love to hear about it.

If you’re interested in participating in next year’s Global Read Aloud, click here to sign up!  

4 thoughts on “Global Read Aloud

1. Great job, everybody!

Never take for granted the AMAZING opportunity of talking with people from another CONTINENT in real-time, about the shared experience of something so special as a great book.

Children have been playing and reading and going to school for thousands and thousands of years of human history and YOU are the very FIRST ones who can SEE and HEAR and TALK to other students on the other side of the planet.

Good job!

• oops!

I just noticed that my paragraph that starts “Children have. . .” is a run-on sentence big-time! That means it is too long and might have improper punctuation. Ten points to the student who can figure out where it should be cut in half and made into two sentences (hint: you have to take out a word and replace it with a period).

2. Hi Mrs. Vazquez,
    I really like this post. My school also did a Global Read Aloud last year and we’re doing one this year too. Last year’s book was Fourteenth Goldfish as well. This year, we’re reading Fish and I’m excited to read and talk more about it.