This year my class participated in the Global Read Aloud. This is where we read the same book as other students in different schools around the world. We chose to read The Fourteenth Goldfish by Jennifer Holm. We really enjoyed the book and making connections with other students who have also read this amazing book. If you like science, you’ll love this book!
Here are some activities that we did during the GRA:
- Made predictions with Padlet
- Responded to thought provoking questions using Google Docs
- Skyped with another class from Brazil to discuss events in book
- Collaborated with students from other schools via Padlet and Google Docs
- Learned about Jonas Salk, Louis Pasteur, and Robert Oppenheimer
- Engaged in science experiments relating to bacteria and microorganisms (new posts coming soon)
Have you ever been involved in a global project like the Global Read Aloud? If so, please let us know. We’d love to hear about it.
If you’re interested in participating in next year’s Global Read Aloud, click here to sign up!